L.A. Riverside Website Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 8, 2020
What is the Purpose of this Document?
All personally identifiable information collected on this Site by L.A. Riversdie is considered Personal Information and will be treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By using this Site and submitting your Personal Information, you agree with and consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and storage of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Our Policies and Practices to Protect Your Personal Information
L.A. Riverside is committed to protecting the privacy of Internet users who visit this Site. L.A. Riversdie’s intent always is to use and, if appropriate, to disclose your Personal Information in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, contractual obligations, and our company’s policies and procedures. We protect Personal Information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to meet or exceed applicable laws.
To safeguard your Personal Information, the electronic storage and transmission of Personal Information are secured with appropriate security technologies. Access to this Site’s servers is limited to employees, agents, and contractors of L.A. Riverside and its subsidiaries, all of whom are required to preserve the confidentiality of Personal Information they receive while performing their jobs and conducting the business of L.A. Riverside.
Information We Collect
L.A. Riverside collects two types of information about you when you visit the Site or use our Services: Personal Information that you provide and technical, aggregate, and non-personal types of information collected by automated means.
Personal Information You Provide
This generally may include:
- First, middle, and last name
- Postal or other street address
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Credit card information
- Username associated with your account
- Telephone number
- Location information
- Company name
- Job title
- Details about devices used to access our websites such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information
- Publicly available information
We may aggregate any personal data that we collect in connection with our Services or Site, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes, such as viewing website traffic and website user behaviors.
We may collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you by telephone, fax, postal mail, or email, including when you use our “Email Signup” function to receive emails from L.A. Riverside
- Through your use of our Site
- From our vendors such as those discussed below in the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information section
- From third parties such as those discussed below in Use and Disclosure of Personal Information section
- Automatically from devices you use to connect with our Site
- Through automated technologies and online tools (e.g., cookies)
- From government agencies or public records
- From L.A. Riverside’s blogs, should you choose to provide comments
- Employment applications, should you apply for a job with L.A. Riverside
- Insurance policy quotes, should you solicit a quote from L.A. Riverside
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
This Site may be hosted on web servers in the United States, which may not provide the same level of data protection as your country of residence.
L.A. Riverside will not exchange, sell for monetary value, or otherwise distribute your Personal Information without your consent, except to the extent required by law, in accordance with your instructions. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If you do not consent, do not provide any Personal Information via this Site.
Below we provide how we use your personal information and with whom we share your personal information with.
- Use of and Disclosure within L.A. Riverside Family of Companies.We may share your Personal Information with companies within the L.A. Riverside family of companies. We may use such information to ensure that the content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes); to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and L.A. Riverside; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so); and to notify you about changes to our service. If you do not consent, do not provide any Personal Information via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third-Party Agents and Service Providers, Generally.We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf. For example, L.A. Riverside sometimes contracts with entities that host websites; entities that receive employment applications; and entities that send e-mail messages and/or make phone calls on our behalf. They may have access to Personal Information—such as names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers—needed to perform their functions, but they are restricted from using such Personal Information for purposes other than providing services for L.A. Riverside and are required by L.A. Riverside to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information. If you do not consent, do not provide any Personal Information via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Insurance Companies and Intermediaries.In the event you request a quote for issuance of an insurance policy or seek to purchase insurance through the Site, we may share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, medical, financial, drivers’ license, and/or other Personal Information you choose to provide with insurance companies or intermediaries for purposes of obtaining quotes and placing insurance on your behalf. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information for purposes of purchasing insurance or obtaining quotes for insurance via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure of Credit Card Data to Credit Card Vendors Processing Payment. Further, if you choose to purchase an insurance policy or policies through our Site using a credit card or debit card, then your credit or debit card information will be collected and processed by L.A. Riverside and/or L.A. Riverside’s payment processing vendor. If you choose a recurring billing option to cover payment of future premiums, then your credit card or debit card information will be stored until you cancel recurring billing. Although L.A. Riverside takes steps to confirm that its third-party credit and debit card processing vendors have adequate privacy protections in place and requires such processing vendors to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations, L.A. Riverside cannot guarantee the data privacy practices of any third party. By submitting your credit card or debit card information via this Site, you consent to the collection, processing, and usage of credit card or debit card information by L.A. Riverside and by any third-party vendors assisting with credit and debit card transactions. If you do not consent to this, do not provide credit and debit card information via this Site.
If you are outside of the United States and choose to submit credit or debit card information via this Site, such information may be transferred to L.A. Riverside and/or to insurance providers and/or payment processing vendors, all of which may be located in the United States and/or in other countries not deemed to provide an adequate standard of data protection. By submitting credit card and debit card data for the purpose of obtaining quotes for insurance and/or for the purpose of entering into an agreement that will provide you with insurance coverage, you consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage of your credit card or debit card data outside of your country of residence. If you do not consent to this, do not provide credit card or debit card data via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure of Résumés and Applications to Third-Party Vendors Assisting L.A. Riverside with Recruitment and Employment Processes.This Site provides an opportunity to submit inquiries regarding career opportunities and to submit your résumé and an application form to us to apply for a position in the United States through this Site. If you submit information for such purposes, we will use the Personal Information you provide to evaluate your qualifications and contact you regarding any positions at L.A. Riverside or any of its affiliated companies in which we believe you may be interested. All applications and other information submitted via this Site will be collected and processed through a third-party vendor. If you are outside of the United States and choose to submit an application and/or a résumé via this Site, information you submit for employment purposes may be transferred to L.A. Riverside and/or third parties located in the United States and/or other countries not deemed to ensure adequate levels of data protection. By submitting Personal Information for employment purposes, you consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage outside of your country of residence, and to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage of your data by any third-party vendors assisting L.A. Riverside with recruitment and employment processes. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information for employment purposes via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third Parties in Connection with Legal Matters.A. Riverside may preserve, and has the right to disclose without your prior permission, any information about you or your use of this Site if L.A. Riverside has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of L.A. Riverside or its affiliates, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) Enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; or (c) Respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties. We may also disclose information as we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. By submitting Personal Information via this Site, you consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage of your Personal Information for any such purposes. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information via this Site.
- Use of and Disclosure to Third Parties in Connection with Mergers and Acquisitions.We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with the sale or purchase of any business or assets. If you do not consent, do not provide Personal Information via this Site.
- Use and Disclosure of Blog Comments and Related Personal Information to Third Parties.If you choose to add a comment to any of L.A. Riverside’s blogs, we will collect your name and e-mail address, along with any Personal Information you choose to include in your comments. Such information may be transferred to the United States and/or other countries not deemed to ensure adequate levels of data protection. Further, in the event we publish your comments on our Site, your name will be published on our Site, along with your comments. By submitting any such comments, you consent to the processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage of your comments, including any Personal Information you provide. If you do not consent, do not submit comments to L.A. Riverside’s blogs via this Site.
Our Site includes links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information collected by L.A. Riverside when you visit this Site.
Information Storage and Security
Our systems are configured to provide privacy, integrity, and authentication in Internet communications. The security measures we have taken help to ensure that when you visit our Site, your Personal Information is secure and encrypted, so that a third party cannot capture, read, or access your Personal Information while it is in transit between your computer and our system. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of information as it is transmitted to our Site. As such, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to help prevent unauthorized access.
We limit internal access to our servers and have physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards in place to guard all Personal Information that we receive from visitors to our Site. At L.A. Riverside, we adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing our jobs and conducting business.
However, it should be noted that there are some things, such as viruses and hacker attacks, which L.A. Riverside and other website operators cannot control.
Please note that the information we collect from you may be processed, transferred, and/or stored outside of your country of residence. Such location may not be deemed to have the same level of privacy protections as your country of residence; however, L.A. Riverside will take all steps reasonably necessary to help ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this processing, transfer, usage, and/or storage outside of your country of residence.
L.A. Riverside disposes of Personal Information in a secure manner by destroying or permanently erasing electronic data, and by disposing of hard copy data via burning, pulverizing, or utilizing shredding methods designed to ensure that Personal Information cannot be read or reconstructed.
Accessing, Correcting, or Removing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review your Personal Information, correct the Personal Information you have provided to us, and/or request that we remove your information from our records, contact L.A. Riverside’s Compliance Counsel via the contact detail noted below with the access, correction, or removal request. Each request will be reviewed and responded to in accordance with applicable laws. In order to cover internal costs for responding to access requests, L.A. Riverside may charge a reasonable fee to individuals desiring access to their Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice is provided in accordance with, and is subject to, U.S. law.
L.A. Riverside is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. L.A. Riverside does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, and L.A. Riverside does not target its Site to children.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this Site for any updates or changes. L.A. Riverside will advise users of this Site of material changes to this Privacy Notice by posting a prominent notice on the Site homepage. Your continued access or use of this Site shall be deemed your acceptance of all terms and conditions contained in this Privacy Notice.
Contact Information for Questions, Comments, and Requests
If you have any questions or concerns about data privacy and security, the handling of your personal data or wish to make a request to access your information, please contact L.A. Riverside’s Compliance Counsel via e-mail at email@example.com or by mail to L.A. Riverside Brokerage, Inc., Attention: Compliance Counsel, 1645 St. Nicholas Avenue New York, NY 10040.